Prime offers a wide range of incentives designed to promote safety, on-time service, fuel consumption, tractor maintenance, and training. Prime recognizes hard work and dedication, and encourages our drivers to be the best in the industry by rewarding safe, efficient, and reliable practices.
Safety & On-Time Service
Prime offers weekly incentives for safe driving, including:
- SOLO Safety Incentive: Independent Contractors earn 5 cents per mile for safe driving and on-time delivery each week for weekly miles between 2400 and 2900 (500 mile range)
- TEAMS Safety Incentive: Independent Contractors earn 2.5 cents per mile for safe driving and on-time delivery each week for ALL weekly miles above 4000! (6000 miles a week = $100/week, $5200/year)
Prime offers experienced Prime operators the opportunity to make more money by becoming CDL Instructors.
- 1-to-1 student instructor ratio
- Help the apprentice develop the skills needed to pass the CDL Exam
- Earn $300 per week up to 4 weeks
- Earn $500 when your apprentice passes CDL Exam ($875 if your student passes the CDL Exam on the first attempt)
- Earn $300 when your apprentice stays with Prime for 6 months
- Earn $300 when your apprentice stays with Prime for 1 year
- Earn $500 when your apprentice becomes an "A" seat lead driver
($3,175 maximum earnings per apprentice, based on non-spouse training)
Click here for more info on training at Prime Inc.
Driver Referral Program
Prime offers the ability to earn cash incentives and truck credits when you refer new drivers to Prime.
Prime is always looking for new driver associates. Earn extra money by referring drivers and helping Prime grow. Refer enough new drivers and you could even have your truck payments made for you for an entire year!
Click here to see Driver Referral Program brochure!
The easiest money you can make with Prime is through our driver referral program! Here's the earnings breakdown for driver referrals:
Refer a lead seat or non-lead seat driver:
- Receive $250 after your referral hauls their first dispatched load.
- Receive a mileage incentive (based on experience classifications).
- For each driver that you refer that drives for Prime for 90 days, you will receive a "credit".
- 3 truck credits qualify independent contractors for one week of truck payments applied to current lease. Company drivers earn $350.
- 10-19 truck credits qualify independent contractors for a full quarter of truck payments applied to current lease. Company drivers receive $350 per week for 13 weeks.
- 20+ truck credits qualify independent contractors for the use of the "Ambassador" truck for one year. (75% of the new associates that you receive a referral credit from must qualify as a solo or lead seat driver when they start.) Company drivers receive $350 per week for one year.
Refer a student driver-starting without CDL:
- Pays $200 to start.
- After student advances to Lead Seat-A position, the referring person will get 1 cent per mile for the first 6 months and then 1/4 cent per mile as long as both the referring person and referral are still active drivers at Prime.
Example: If you refer 8 teams and 5 solos, you will earn approx. $72,590.50 (based off of teams averaging 5,000 miles and solos averaging 2,500 miles)
*See brochure for specific rules and details. (Earned credits must occur with a rolling 52 week period)
*Subject to change without notice.
It Pays to Stay with Prime
Prime offers a special program for Independent Contractors called "Retention & Rewards" that rewards drivers for ongoing service to Prime Inc. Prime contributes $1000 annually and Success Leasing, Inc. offers $500 annually, for a total of $1500 annual incentives. It really does pay to stay with Prime!