Tanker drivers at Prime are responsible for safely operating a tractor trailer and delivering freight on-time to a dedicated customer based out of Newark, NJ and will typically deliver these loads in the following states: NJ, CT, RI, DE, PA, MD, MA, or NY. As a driver in the Tanker Division, you will need to be prepared to haul a variety of products including food-grade oils, cocoa butter, wine, and more. Dedicated tanker drivers in this division will get home multiple times per week. To qualify for this division, you must live in NJ, CT, RI, DE, PA, MD, MA, or NY.
Whether you want to be a company driver or an independent contractor, Prime has options and profitable opportunities for you. With 24/7 support and late-model equipment, we will provide you the tools to succeed. We offer Freightliner, Peterbilt, and International models available with APUs and 1500-watt inverters. All company and lease trucks also come with an Omnitracs Qualcomm unit for electronic logs, messaging, and navigation. The Prime Mobile App is an additional tool available to help our drivers be more effective with their time by allowing you to not be tied to your truck and Omnitracs Qualcomm unit inside your truck.
Company Driver Pay & Benefits
- Solo Pay = .53 cpm
- Team Pay=.57 cpm split
- Team Bonus=
- Earn additional 26 cpm split for miles between 3,000-3,999 per week
- Earn additional 31 cpm split for miles over 4,000 per week
- Health, life, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401(K) Plan with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Fuel Mileage Bonus – Earn up to 8.2 additional cents per mile for exceeding 7.75 mpg
- Tuition Reimbursement – Up to $1500 for CDL School graduates, if qualified
- Driver Referral Program – Earn money for referring new drivers to Prime
- Ability to become a CDL Instructor or Trainer & earn more money
- Leasing options available with no money down!
Independent Contractor Pay & Benefits
- Earn 71% of revenue as a Tanker Contractor
- Volume discounts on fuel, tires, parts, & service
- Quarterly Mileage Incentives
- Longevity Incentives
- Rider Policy Passenger Policy (no cost)
- Pet Policy (no cost)
- Home Policy allows you to go home whenever you choose