With Prime Inc.'s paid truck driving school, you can start on the road to success with no prior driving experience! And furthermore, you're learning from the best in the business, Prime Certified CDL Instructors!
Best of all, the only cost to you is $155 if you stay for a full year! Here's how it works:
Begin your Apprenticeship
You can begin your apprenticeship without a CDL. Prime's Driver Training Program takes you through the following:
- Obtain your CDL learner's permit on-site.
- Once you've earned your CDL learner's permit, you will then drive over the road training with a CDL instructor (Prime has a 1-to-1 student/instructor ratio)
- Take your CDL test.
Once you graduate from Prime's student driver program and obtain your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), you will then be scheduled for Prime's new-hire orientation. At this point, you will be considered a "B" seat driver and credited 10,000 miles towards your training mileage requirements.
- Continue Team training until you complete approximately 40,000 total miles (10,000 credited miles included in this number)
- Attend Classroom instruction at Prime's Training Center
- Earn the greater of 14 cents per mile or $700 per week*
* = if available to work 7 days a week.
Once you reach this point, you will be eligible to run your own company assigned truck or you may elect to lease a truck from the lease company and run it in the Prime network as an Independent Contractor in Reefer, Tanker, or Flatbed.
Note: If you have driving experience, you may transition into our career path with less training needed. This is specified by our safety department; please ask a recruiter where you qualify.
To enter either program, you must meet the following:
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid license from your state of permanent residence including a tanker endorsement
- Be able to obtain United States Passport, TWIC Card, and Hazmat Endorsement
- Have a verifiable work history and references
- Have an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Must be able to pass a physical compliant to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Standards
- If any failed or refused drug or alcohol related test, must provide proof of completed Substance Abuse Counseling to consider
- Must present one or more of the following: US Passport, State Certified Copy of Birth Certificate, or INS paperwork that shows US Citizenship or that permanent residence has been established and is current
- An affirmative answer to the questions regarding criminal record will not automatically result in the denial of employment. An applicant’s criminal record will be evaluated based on the job for which the applicant has applied.
These qualifications are as of 04/16/15 and may be changed by Prime Inc. without prior notification.
Start your career with Prime Inc. today and you'll be on the road to success before you know it! Don't settle for less; earn money while you learn from the best!
Fill out our truck driver application or call 1-877-PRIME-JOB!
To view all qualifications needed in order to become a Prime Driver Associate, click here.