In this week’s Driver Meeting, we hear from Safety, Road Assist, and more! We host the weekly Driver Meeting LIVE every Friday morning at 8 a.m. CST in Springfield, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; and Pittston, PA. Can’t make it in person? No worries! Tune in on Facebook or YouTube, or read the fast facts below to get caught up on what’s going on around Prime.
Dennis Davis & Dave White – Safety
- This week: 153 total inspections – 109 clean (71% clean rate)
- The Missouri Truck Driving Championship starts Friday, June 3 in Branson, MO
- Instructors Banquet: Thursday, June 2, at the Oasis. Doors open at 5:30
- Driving during the summer is more dangerous due to increased traffic levels
- Be particularly careful during holiday weekends
- Ensure safe speed and following distance
- Eliminate all distractions
- Maximum steer axel weight: 12,350lbs (per tire 6,175)
- Minimum tread depth on a trailer tire: 4/32
- Prime Mobile App
- Offers videos to help with common issues on the road
Dr. Abraham – Trinity Healthcare
- Trinity is a one-stop-shop for your healthcare needs
- Mental health is hugely important! Don’t neglect it!
- Have health records with you prior to coming in for a DOT physical to speed up the process
- COVID booster shots available Tuesday and Thursday
Matt Rachel – Orientation
- PSC (Prime Safety Certification):
- Covers main safety topic for Prime drivers
- Uses driving simulators
- Offered daily at Campus Inn starting at 7a.m.
- Drivers get paid $100 to take the course
- 2 types of success in trucking:
- Safety success
- Financial success
- You can’t have one without the other
- Pay attention to:
- What’s going on out of the windshield
- What’s going on in the mirrors
- What’s going on in the cab
Bill Boehning – Security
- Get with your fleet manager or security before you drop your tractor and trailer when going home to ensure its safety
Mollie Estes – F8 Training & Wellness
- Personal safety and self-defense classes in the yoga room
- Available to anyone!
- First class is Thursday June 16 8-10am
- Second class is Thursday June 23 3-5pm
- Cyber safety
- Legal rights
- Physical defense
- And more!
- Stay aware of your surroundings
Justin Kaufman – Road Assist
- Pro Maintenance classes offered Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8am in the Plaza
- Teaches simple repairs you can do on the road to save you time and money
- Soon to be offered in Pittston
- During the summer there tends to be more tire issues
- Always do a good pre-trip, enroute, and post-trip inspection
- Check air pressure
- Check tread depths
- Wear bars classify major tread grooves
- Shop labor may cost upwards of $200 per hour outside of Prime but only costs $95 at our terminals
Steve Wutke – VP of Sales & Marketing
- We want to improve and listen to what you have to say so don’t be afraid to reach out with suggestions!
Robert Low – Owner & Founder of Prime Inc.
- Take advantage of our amenities to ensure your health and safety
Interested in driving for Prime? Apply online at www.primeinc.com/?r=blog or give our recruiters a call at 888-664-9121.