Apply Now, Click Here
Looking for a CDL School or Apprenticeship? We've got a better option than that! Attend Prime's Student Driver Program. We can help you earn your Class A CDL and learn everything you need to know to become a professional truck driver. New classes start every week in Springfield, MO and Salt Lake City, UT.
For more information on our CDL Training Program, visit driveforprime.com.
PRIME STUDENT DRIVER (PSD) PROGRAM
With our Prime Student Driver (PSD) Program, you’ll get everything you need to launch your new truck driving career. We’ll take you every step of the way from learning how to pass your CDL Exam to starting your first day as a full-time Prime truck driver. As long as you drive for Prime for one year after earning your CDL, the only amount you pay is $155 to start.
- 4-day orientation at Prime’s Springfield, MO or Salt Lake City, UT Training Facility
- Prime pays for: Bus Ticket, 3 Meals A Day, and hotel stay during orientation
- Experience hands-on, computer based, & simulator training
- Obtain the Class A CDL Learner’s Permit
- This part is self-study. Click Here for Study Guide.
- If you are attending the Salt Lake City, UT orientation, you will obtain your Class A Permit in your home state.
- If you are attending the Springfield, MO orientation, you will obtain your Class A Permit during orientation.
- Get on the road: train with CDL Instructor for 3 - 4 weeks
- Develop the skills needed to pass the CDL Exam
- 1-to-1 student/instructor ratio
- Run real loads across the country with your Instructor
- Return to Springfield, MO or Salt Lake City, UT to take the final state CDL Exam
- Exam includes vehicle inspection, backing skills, & road test
- Get a $250 bonus if you pass the road test on your first try!
- Complete 30,000 additional team miles with a Prime Trainer
- Guaranteed pay of $700 minimum weekly
- Become an “A” Lead Seat solo driver
- Just take the ACE Orientation Upgrade Class
- Get the keys to your truck and get on the road!
- Choose to stay a company driver or become an independent contractor
Solo Company Driver Rates
|Refrigerated||42 cents per mile|
|Flatbed||44 cents per mile|
|Tanker||49 cents per mile|
|Earn an additional 5 cpm for a lightweight tractor in the Refrigerated Division|
Team Company Driver Rates
|Refrigerated||48 cents per mile split|
|Flatbed||46 cents per mile split|
|Tanker||49 cents per mile split|
|Team Bonus = Earn 20 additional cents per mile for all miles above 3,000 per week|
Independent Contractor Rates
|Refrigerated||72% of the linehaul|
|Flatbed||72% of the linehaul|
|Tanker||71% of the linehaul|
Have you obtained your CDL from an outside school?
If you have obtained a CDL from an outside school, you will go straight to our Company Driver Orientation and then train with a TNT Trainer for a total of 40,000 miles. If the truck is moving, it counts toward your requirement of total miles. You will receive $600 guaranteed minimum per week for the first 5 weeks of training and $700 guaranteed minimum per week for the remainder of training. It typically takes about 2 months to complete this training before you can upgrade into your own truck.
Recent graduates from CDL schools may qualify for tuition reimbursement up to $1500! Ask your Recruiter to see if you qualify.
As long as you drive for Prime for one year, the Prime Student Driver program only cost you a one-time $155 administrative fee!
Training program valued at $4,475. Entire note is forgiven after one year of association with Prime.
(Maximum note - $4,475- No Interest!). Due to the high cost of recruiting and training entry level driver associates, you commit to Prime that you will work for them for at least one year from the date which you are first dispatched in order for your full note to be dismissed.
To enter the program, you must have:
- A valid US driver's license for at least the past year. Your driver's license must be from the state that you declare to be your point of permanent domicile. To join the student program, you must have a valid driver's license and meet the Homeland Security / Transportation Administration requirements.
- Ability to obtain United States Passport
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Proof of U.S. residency or Green Card.
- A stable work history and good references.
- Previous employers and references will be checked and must be verifiable.
- No reckless convictions in the last three years.
- No failed or refused drug or alcohol test in the last four years (this includes DWI's, DUI's and BAC's).
- No license suspension for points in the last three years.
- No more than two moving violations during the last year.
- No more than three moving violations and accidents in the last three years.
Need a truck driving job? Prime Inc. is one of the fastest growing Refrigerated, Flatbed, and Tanker carriers in the business! Come grow with Prime! CDL Training is available, Prime wants you!
Once your application is approved, a Prime Recruiter will schedule you for an Orientation at Prime as quickly as possible.
During the Prime Student Driver program, you will spend your training time with a quality selected Prime Driver Instructor. During this time, your Instructor will work with you to perfect your driving skills and teach you the skills required to obtain your Commercial Driver's License (CDL). At the same time, you will learn the basics on how to become a successful professional driver.
During the CDL Instruction phase of the Prime Student Driver program, Prime provides the option for students to take an advance of $200 per week for food and incidentals. That will be repaid through deductions from future weekly pay checks at $25 increments once a student obtains their CDL and are hired by Prime Inc. The time prior to obtaining the CDL is unpaid instruction time.
During your training period, you can expect to be out four to six weeks at a time. Once you complete training and upgrade to a solo company driver, you can expect to be out 3 to 4 weeks at a time (depending upon where you live), with a day off for every week you are out. Once eligible to become a lease operator, you will then be able to set your own schedule for getting back home.
The average Independent Contractor at Prime will spend four to six weeks on the road at a time. Independent Contractors largely determine their own home time. Generally, the longer they stay out on the road, the more money they are able to make.
Additional Driver Incentives
Prime also features an attractive fuel bonus program, a safety bonus plan, on-time delivery bonus, a mileage incentive bonus, a driver referral program, and other bonus and award programs.
The Prime terminal is modern and hosts a full basketball court, weight room, movie theatre, and spa.
Prime offers company drivers major medical and life insurance coverage. The eligibility period begins 90 days from date of hire. Individual and family coverage is available with medical claims inside the PPO being paid at 80/20, and outside the PPO at 60/40. Life insurance, valued at $15,000, is also available.
Call Prime now and build a career as a company driver or independent lease operator. We have a truck driving job waiting for you.