Springfield, Mo. – Prime Inc. announced that the following drivers deserve the distinction of being Prime's elite:
- Thomas Hogan: Refrigerated Division Solo Independent Contractor
- Barbara Van Zant & Iris Lane: Refrigerated Division Team Independent Contractor
- Douglas Slocum: Refrigerated Division Company Driver
- Anthony McNabb: Flatbed Division Independent Contractor
- Charles Plant: Flatbed Division Company Driver
- John Shannon: Tanker Division Independent Contractor
These six categories comprise the entire Prime fleet. There are approximately 3,500 independent contractors and company drivers at Prime Inc. Prime's DOT Recordable Accident Frequency for the 2008 calendar year was close to one half of a percent, and the DOT Recordable Preventable was .25 of a percent. These two numbers are well below the industry average. Safe driving is the most important criterion in determining Prime's driver of the year. Hard work, dedication and productivity round out the rest. Prime dispatchers and supervisors from each division voted for the recipients of this prestigious award.
Scott McKnight, a fleet manager at Prime Inc. has good things to say about his Team drivers. "Barbara Van Zant and Iris Lane are dedicated to be the best. They have had no service failures since starting with Prime and have acquired a 2 million mile safe driving award. They truly have the customers' best interest at heart when it comes to the integrity of the freight upon delivery," stated Scott.
Posted on January 1, 2009
by Jordan Winn