We host the weekly Driver Meeting LIVE in Springfield, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; and Pittston, PA every Friday morning. Can’t make it in person? Tune in live on Facebook or YouTube, or check out our primeinc.com/news section to read the meeting notes.
Rachel Dreher – Driver Health and Wellness
- The Fit in 15 Program is a fantastic resource for drivers to use on the road. This program offers new weekly workouts, weekly meal plans, and weekly accountability calls.
- You just need either a crock pot or a microwave to be able to make these recipes which all take 30 minutes or less.
- Drivers are 2 times more susceptible to diabetes than your average person and cooking healthier options can help avoid this.
Dennis Davis & Dave White – Safety
- This week: 136 total inspections – 89 clean (65% clean rate).
- April is distracted driving month.
- In 2020 there were over 3,000 fatalities reported as caused by distracted driving.
- There are 3 main kinds of distractions:
- Visual distractions – taking your eyes off the road (for example, looking at your phone)
- Manual distractions – Using your hands while driving for nondriving purposes (for example, changing the radio station)
- Cognitive distractions – thinking about other things or talking (for example, talking to your mom on the phone)
- Ways to avoid distractions:
- Completely turn off phones while you’re driving
- Stay focused on the road and don’t let your mind drift
- Wait to answer phone calls, text messages, etc. until you’re on a break
Brandon Austin – Security
- Keep trailers locked at all times to ensure the safety of your load and prevent vandalism.
- Make sure you’re dropping trailers only at secure drop yards or shippers and receivers.
- Be mindful of what you post and share on social media and otherwise. Never share the location of another driver with others. The safety and wellness of our drivers is our top priority.
Interested in driving for Prime? Apply online at www.primeinc.com/?r=blog or give our recruiters a call at 888-664-9121 for more information.