This week’s Driver Meeting may look a bit different as we report LIVE from the sales department in the Springfield, MO terminal. With Omicron cases on the rise, we decided to mix it up a little with a socially distanced version of the Driver Meeting. While this may be the norm for a few weeks, we assure you this is temporary. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces again soon.
Didn’t have a chance to tune in this week? No worries! Watch the video version or read the fast facts below to make sure you don’t miss out on important information.
Dave White & Dennis Davis – Safety
- With the rise in Covid cases across the nation, we will be pivoting from in-person Driver Meetings to virtual, broadcasting live from various departments at the Prime Springfield terminal.
- At this time, masks must be worn while inside any of the Prime terminals, no matter what your vaccination status.
- Covid testing is available at Trinity Healthcare in the Prime terminals.
- This week: 135 total inspections – 86 clean (64% clean rate).
- Ways we can improve safety inspections:
- Be aware of specific requirements in every state. For instance, you must have 2 extra chains when driving in Washington.
- All of this information can be found on the Prime Mobile App, so check it out when you have some down time.
- No rewards are given out for driving in inclement weather to deliver a load. Consider not driving.
- Should you run into inclement weather, find a safe place to shut down and communicate with your fleet manager.
Dave White – Safety
- Dave fills us in on what it was like when he was an OTR driver in 1995.
- Technology improvements
- Exceptional training program at Prime, compared to limited training 20 years ago
- Importance of planning your trip and checking weather along the route.
Jim Guthrie – Director of Operations
- Work history at Prime. Moving up in the company, from fuel desk, to night dispatch, to his current role as Director of Operations.
- Tremendous demand in the first quarter, compared to previous years.
- Consider giving back, by helping Prime train the newest members of our family. To be the best, you must learn from the best – YOU! Think back about the training you were given when you first came to Prime and the impact your trainer had on you. We need your help to get through the next few months of onboarding and grow this amazing company we all love.
Steve Wutke – VP of Sales & Marketing
- The health and safety of our Prime family continues to be our top priority.
Interested in driving for Prime? Apply online at www.primeinc.com/?r=blog or give our recruiters a call at 866-290-1568.