In this week’s Driver Meeting, we hear from Safety, Accident Claims, and more! We host the weekly Driver Meeting Live every Friday morning at 8 a.m. CST. Can’t make it in-person? No worries! Check out the fast facts below to stay up-to-date with what’s going on around Prime.
Dave White & Steve Field – Safety
- This week: 132 total inspections – 93 clean (70% clean rate)
- Trip plan so you know where the scales are out
- Wear your seatbelt properly
- Don’t be distracted on the road
- When you drop your trailer, be sure you’re on either concrete or dirt, during the higher temperatures trailers tend to sink into asphalt
- Wrecker bills have been around $600 to get trailers out of the asphalt
Dennis Davis – Safety
- Welcome to our newest member of the safety department, John Hardin!
- John has been with Prime for over 18 years wearing several different hats and we are very excited to welcome him to our team!
Ruthie Kelley & Kevin French – Accident Claims
- Contact safety as quickly as you can when you get in an accident so they can provide the best help possible
- When you get into an accident, take a lot of photos of the scene and any damages
- Take pictures even if there is no damage
- Take a picture of the other party’s damages, info on their door, and DOT number
- Report an accident in the Prime App by tapping on the three bars in the upper left corner, then select “Report Accident”
- Keep a tape measure in your truck to show the size of impact and damages
- There are 3 different deductibles
- $1,000 for your tractor
- $500 for your trailer
- $500 for damages to someone else’s property
- If a repair is less than your deductible, you will be refunded the difference
- If there is an injury, contact safety immediately
- Get witness information if at all possible
Jordan Silva – Parts Department
- Trailers are currently being built but raw materials can still be an issue
- On the tractor side, we try to order parts two months in advance due to the instability of the current market
- Thank you to all drivers and suppliers for everything you do to keep our shelves stocked and everything moving
Rachel Dreher – Driver Health & Fitness
- Sign up for our FREE Fit in 15 Program!
- Fit in 15 offers recipes, workouts, and accountability checks
- A small change can make a big difference!
Steve Wutke – VP of Sales & Marketing
- The evidence you provide when in an accident or dealing with a cargo loss, can make a large difference in how we settle
- Safety is our highest calling
Robert Low – Owner & Founder of Prime Inc.
- We achieved $2 billion in revenue in the reefer division!
- Thank you all for your hard work!
Interested in driving for Prime? Apply online at www.primeinc.com/?r=blog or give our recruiters a call at 866-290-1568.