In this week’s Driver Meeting, we heard from Safety, Accident Claims and MORE! We host the weekly Driver Meeting LIVE every Friday morning at 8 a.m. CST in Springfield, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; and Pittston, PA. Can’t make it in-person? No worries! Check out the fast facts below to stay up-to-date with everything going on around Prime.
Dave White & Dennis Davis – Safety
- This week: 166 total inspections – 110 clean (66% clean rate)
- Chain regulations are coming up!
- Colorado starts September 1st
- Washington starts November 1st
- Chain advisory guide can be found in your Prime Mobile App
- You can get hands on training for chaining up at all three terminals
- Be on alert for increased traffic due to school starting back up.
- Friday September 2nd is the Prime Truck Driving Championship and Pride & Polish at the Springfield terminal.
Trish Brewer – Pride & Polish, TDC
- Sign up for TDC is available online now or at 4:30 the day of the event
- The link is available in the picnic announcement in your Prime Mobile App
Ruthie Kelley & Kevin French – Accident Reporting Tips
- When reporting an accident:
- Step back to show the scene when taking photos
- Take pictures of the measurements of the damage
- Get pictures of their information including DOT numbers, names, etc.
- When you go to submit photos of an accident, follow these steps:
- Prime Mobile App
- Report Accident
- Load photos
- Tap on the photo icon
- Select photos you want to upload
Tyler Patrick – Winter Maintenance
- In the SLC and Springfield terminals, we have first come, first serve assessment bays.
- Make sure to have extra food, water, and blankets in case a highway gets shut down due to weather.
- Keep antigel, de-icing washer fluid, extra wiper blades, and airline antifreeze on the truck
- Drain your air tanks daily
- Tire and battery issues tend to be worse in the winter
- Plan ahead to get winterized
Paul Higgins – Equipment & Weight Challenges
- Give the associate on your live load call the correct weights
- But don’t be afraid to round your numbers
- Every truck on your fleet can haul at least 45,000 pounds
Steve Wutke – VP of Sales & Marketing
- Work with your fleet managers!
- Wear red on Fridays to Remember Everyone Deployed
- Safety is our highest calling
Robert Low – Owner & Founder of Prime Inc.
- Be safe out there!
- Thank you to all of our operators!
Interested in driving for Prime? Apply online at www.primeinc.com/?r=blog or give our recruiters a call at 866-290-1568.