In this week’s Driver Meeting, we hear from Safety, Road Assist, and more! We host the weekly Driver Meeting LIVE every Friday morning at 8 a.m. CST in Springfield, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; and Pittston, PA. Can’t make it in-person? No worries! Watch online on Facebook or YouTube, listen to the podcast version the following week, or read the fast facts below to catch up on what’s going on around Prime.
Dennis Davis & Dave White – Safety
- This week: 138 total inspections, 92 clean (67% clean rate)
- Lease operators: $100 for a clean inspection
- Company drivers: $25 for a clean inspection
- National average: 33-35% clean rate
- Continue to be aware of construction zones
- Slow down
- Increase following distance
- Limit distractions inside the cab
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to road assist if you feel like something isn’t right
- Be aware and share the road
- The number of motorcycles on the road increase in the summer and they may be unpredictable
Susan Byrne – Logs
- Log out when you put your truck in the shop
- Certify your logs daily
- Keep a paper logbook (which are available for free at all Prime terminals) in case Qualcomm fails
- If the “D” in the upper right corner is orange, it means “diagnostic event”
- If the “M” in the upper right corner is red, it means “malfunction event”
- If they are grey, there are no function alerts
- Select none prior to changing duty status
- A technician is going to be at Prime headquarters July 7 & 8 to address GPS and system speed issues. If you have questions, feel free to drop by.
- Log classes are offered 13:30 Monday through Friday
Harley Baumgartner – Road Assist
- Pro maintenance classes are offered Tuesday & Thursday at Prime headquarters from 08:00 to 11:00
- We are planning on offering this class at our Pittston, PA terminal soon!
Brianne Madura – Information Technology
- There is a new section in the Prime Mobile App called “My Week”
- It shows:
- Fuel transactions in the last 10 days including discounts and what you actually paid
- Open TMT invoices in the last 10 days
- If you have more than 1 truck, you can see fuel and TMT in “My Fleet”
- It shows:
Jeff Allie – Refrigerated Operations
- Congratulations to Aubrey Prince on 3 million safe driving miles during his 22 years (and counting) at Prime!
- This earned him a $5,000 check!
- Aubrey says to just get up every day and do what’s right!
Jeremy Roller – Flatbed Operations
- Congratulations to Archie McCourt on 4 million safe driving miles during his 28 years (and counting) at Prime!
- This earned him a $10,000 check!
Glenn Waters – Refrigerated Operations
- Congratulations to husband-and-wife team, Steve and Rita Marsh, on 3 million safe driving miles during their 23 years (and counting) at Prime!
- This earned them a $5,000 check!
- They say, “You can always count on Prime to have your back!”
Interested in driving for Prime? Apply online at www.primeinc.com/?r=blog or give our recruiters a call at 866-290-1568.