In this week’s driver meeting, we heard from Safety, Operations, and more! We host the weekly Driver Meeting LIVE every Friday morning at 8 a.m. CST in Springfield, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; and Pittston, PA. Couldn’t make this week’s meeting in-person? No worries! Check out the fast facts below to stay up-to-date with everything that’s going on around Prime.
Dave White & Steve Field – Safety
- This week: 171 total inspections – 117 clean (68% clean rate).
- If you get pulled over, keep calm, and make sure you have all of your documents ready and available.
- Do good pre-trips.
- Be on duty when you get pulled over for an inspection.
- Take the logs class!
- Certify your logs.
- When you’re picking up or dropping off a load, make sure you’re on duty.
- October 20-21, Cardinal Sleep will be at the Pittston terminal!
- Winter is coming up!
- If you’re still in training, try to stay with your trainer through the winter.
- Monitor upcoming temperatures.
- Fog can turn into ice if it’s under freezing.
- Having any sort of accident can be incredibly expensive.
- Take a PSC class once a year, preferably right before winter.
- Be safe and park if you don’t feel comfortable.
Brian Singleton – Denver Terminal
- Starting October 24, we will not have access to our current drop yard in Denver.
- If you still have a personal vehicle there, please let your fleet manager know so you can get it picked up.
- We are looking at properties near Denver to replace this terminal.
Shaun Ryker – Driver Payroll
- Drivewyze is currently in testing for us.
- Company tractors will first be testing this.
- Drivewyze offers bypass alerts and scale warnings two miles prior to the scale.
- Follow your prepass during this testing phase.
- Drivewyze also offers safety alerts, including:
- Sharp curves
- Low bridges
- Steep grades
- Weather alerts
- Congestion warnings
- Testing will start in around two weeks.
- Let us know how you feel about it after testing is completed!
Haylee Gibbons – Success Leasing
- Lease purchase program is back!
- Around 200 orders have already been placed.
- Response time will be about 3-4 days.
- Peterbilt’s are currently unavailable for order, but they will be back.
- You have to be leasing for 3 months before you can order your truck.
Justin Kaufman – Maintenance
- Make sure you’re treating your fuel in both your tractor and reefer.
- You can’t hurt your truck by over treating.
- If your fuel starts to gel up, put diesel 911 in it to turn it back to liquid.
- Winterization package:
- We will check your batteries and coolant and turn on your bunk heater.
- After you treat your fuel, run your bunk heater for a little bit.
- Pick up a set of 2-4 gauge jumper cables.
- Go to our Pro-Maintenance class.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 13:00-16:00.
- In light of Hurricane Ian, saltwater is horrible for trucks, even if it just gets up to your hubcaps.
- If your truck got saltwater on it, contact your fleet manager to get it checked out.
Keith McCoy & Jim Guthrie – Operations
- We won carrier of the year for Smithfield!
- Keep in contact with your fleet manager to ensure you’re delivering loads correctly.
Robert Low – Owner & Founder of Prime Inc
- Business is good thanks to the amazing service you all provide!
- Thank you for all you do!
- Make some bank!
- Thank you to all of our veterans.
- Be safe out there!
Interested in driving for Prime? Apply online at www.primeinc.com or give our recruiters a call at 866-290-1568.