In this week’s Driver Meeting LIVE, we hear from speakers on ways to improve our CSA score, the fuel network, training program, and more! Join us on Friday at 8 a.m. CST for our weekly meeting! You can attend in person at one of our 3 main terminals or online via Facebook & YouTube. Check out the YouTube version below:
Didn’t have a chance to watch or listen this week? No problem! Check out the fast facts below:
Steve Field & Bill Sprague (Safety)
- Welcome to all our PSD Students!
- Posting pictures of wrecks on the road is inappropriate – there is no need for this
- Key CSA Score categories to focus on:
- Failing to obey a traffic control device (i.e. bypassing a scale, parking in a no parking zone)
- Wearing your seatbelt
- Package not secured in the vehicle
- Placards – clear tape holding them in place
- Make sure you have a spare logbook
- Know how to transmit the logs to the officer
Sam Messick (Fuel Network)
- As a Prime driver, you will have shower power for June and July at Pilot Flying J after your first fuel purchase
- Loves has extended platinum status to all Prime drivers – including free showers and free drinks
- Be sure to keep a close eye on the fuel recommendations over the next couple months – many locations will change from what was previously the optimal stop
- If you have feedback for specific Pilot Flying J locations, take pictures and send us specific examples so we can address
- Fuel prices at our terminals (Missouri, Utah, and Pennsylvania) are beating the most competitive fuel locations in the area by 1-2 cents per day
Chris Martin (Training Program)
- We are always looking for more great trainers!
Reasons to become a trainer:
- Make Prime better – impact the safety record and customer service of Prime by teaching new drivers to do things the correct way
- Make more MONEY
- Opportunity to make a difference in someone else’s life
Requirements to train:
- 9 months of professional driving experience (including winter driving experience)
- At least 60 days as a lead seat
- Completed ACE II and Prime Safety Class
- Fleet Manager’s recommendation
- Willingness to treat others the way you want to be treated
Tyler Patrick (Road Assist)
- Pro Maintenance Class is offered every Tuesday and Thursday at 8 a.m. in Springfield, MO! Sign up through your Fleet Manager or Road Assist Advisor.
- We recently purchased Thermo King reefer units – check out our YouTube channel to learn more about these
- The Pro Maintenance program helps save drivers time and money while out on the road
Brian Brown (Flatbed Sales)
- This is the best market we’ve seen!
- We are constantly making improvements to our contracts with customers
- We are pushing hard for higher tarp fees and detention for our drivers
- The temperatures are extreme right now – stay hydrated and take breaks when needed
- Wear your PPE!
John Hardin (Intermodal Division)
- Our Intermodal Division is going through very exciting changes right now!
- We are currently in the process of selling our Intermodal trailers and replacing them with containers
- Containers can haul double the amount of equipment than our trailers could
- If you are not an Intermodal driver, please do not hook to the new containers – they are much heavier than a typical OTR refrigerated trailer
- Our Intermodal fleet is transitioning into day cabs – rather than lightweight trucks. This means most Intermodal drivers will be getting home daily!
Jim Guthrie (Director of Operations, Refrigerated Division)
- After all expenses paid last week, the average lead seat team pay was $3,700
- The demand is very high – and it’s projected to remain high for quite some time
- The more growth we have, the more buying and selling power we have to negotiate rates and contracts
- We appreciate all of our drivers who are out running over the holiday weekend!
Steve Wutke (VP of Sales & Marketing)
- Our drivers are who have gotten our company to where we are now – you deserve respect!
- Safety is our highest calling! If you get tired or feel unsafe – reach out to your Fleet Manager and get off the road
- It’s a great time to be in the trucking industry!
Interested in driving for Prime? Fill out an application at www.primeinc.com or give our recruiters a call at 866-290-1568.