In this week’s Driver Meeting LIVE, we host speakers from Safety, Cardinal Sleep, the Prime Training Program, and MORE! Join us LIVE online every Friday at 8 am central time. If you can swing by one of the Prime terminals, join us in person in the café area to attend. Free breakfast starts at 7 am cst for meeting attendees in MO, UT, & PA. Can’t make it to the terminal? Catch the meeting livestreamed on Facebook or YouTube, listen on your podcast app, or read the fast facts straight from primeinc.com/news.
Check out this week’s YouTube version below:
Steve Field & Dave White (Safety)
- 128 DOT inspections – 91 clean (71% Clean Rate) this week.
- Independent contractors earn $100 for a clean inspection, Company Drivers earn $25!
- Summer traffic is picking up. Stay aware on the road and don’t get in a hurry when going through these slow-moving areas.
- Highway miles driven were down 13% in 2020. Passenger vehicle fatalities were up, but fatalities including big trucks were down. These numbers show the professionalism of truck drivers across the country.
Dr. Abraham (Trinity Healthcare)
- COVID-19 cases are rising again in the Springfield, MO area.
- When someone gets infected with the virus, the virus begins to mutate. COVID-19 variants are beginning to spread, causing the number of cases to rise.
- If you would like to receive the vaccine, you can sign up at trinityhcmed.net/covid-19/.
- Trinity Healthcare has given 1900 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, approximately 950 people.
Heather Moenkhoff (Cardinal Sleep)
- Several Philips CPAP machines have been recalled.
- If you are on one of the recalled machines, Philips will replace the unit. Philips has not provided a timeline for replacements at this time.
- If you are a current driver, and you received your CPAP machine through Cardinal Sleep, we will register your device for you. You will not need to register your own device!
- The devices Philips will send out will not be set for you, so it’s important to visit Cardinal Sleep (or your outside provider) upon receiving the new machine.
- Reason for recall: Philips added polyurethane foam as a sound barrier to reduce the noise of the machine. Over time, this foam is breaking down and could potentially be inhaled by the CPAP user. There is a small percentage of users that have been affected at this time.
- Visit https://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare/e/sleep/communications/src-update for more information.
Stan Kasterke & Chris Martin (Prime Training Program)
- As a trainee, we encourage you to provide feedback. We will work to resolve any issues you run into on your trainer’s truck as soon as we know about them.
- While going through our training program, the expectation is to have weekly communication with your fleet manger. As a trainer/instructor, it is your responsibility to encourage this communication.
- Training pay has been increased from $700/week to $900/week for B-Seats and $600/week to $800/week for C-Seats. For full details and qualifications for pay, please contact your Fleet Manager.
- If you recently earned your CDL from a CDL school outside of Prime, you would come in as a C-seat. If you earn your CDL through the Prime Training Program, you will move to a B-seat after earning your CDL.
Steve Wutke (VP Sales & Marketing) & Robert Low (President & Founder)
- Rates are up .18 cents per mile from last year!
- Do not be a victim. If you run into issues, reach out to management.
- The increased training pay is adjusting with the increased rates we receive.
- Thank you to our Veterans!