In this week’s Driver Meeting LIVE, we celebrate the National Truck Driver Appreciation Week with Safety, Robert Low and more! We host our weekly Driver Meeting every Friday morning at 8 a.m. CST in Springfield, MO; Salt Lake City, UT; and Pittston, PA. Can’t make it in-person? No worries! You can catch up on social media, your podcast app, or by checking out the fast facts below.
Steve Field & Dave White – Safety
- Happy Driver Appreciation week!
- Safety is our highest priority.
- This week: 157 total inspections – 105 clean (67% clean rate).
- For every clean inspection:
- $100 for owner/operators
- $25 for company drivers
- Make sure your fire extinguishers and all three triangles are secured in your truck.
- Log your personal conveyance correctly and without violation.
- If you don’t know how/when to log personal conveyance, get with your log advisor.
- Snow has started to fall out west in the mountains, winter is coming!
- The number 1 reason for winter accidents is speed.
- If you don’t feel safe driving in the conditions, park your truck and let your fleet manager know.
- For every clean inspection:
Bill Sprague – Safety
- 9/17 is the 10th annual Springfield Area Memorial Stair Climb!
- Prime Inc is the top fundraising team in the nation.
Terry Wood – Detail Shop
- Come check out our interior body shop; we can fix damaged seats!
- Lease operators: before you turn in your truck, bring it in to the detail shop to get your estimate.
- We also have storage for personal items when you’re in between trucks.
- If you have a pet on your truck, I highly recommend getting an air gun to blow out all the fur.
- We also have a pet wash inside the shop.
- We are the furthest North building in the Springfield, Mo terminal.
- We are open between 0600-0200, depending on demand
Tyler Patrick – SLC Maintenance
- When the temperature drops below freezing, make sure you treat your fuel with anti-gel, even if the fuel says it’s pretreated.
- You can never put too much anti-gel in.
- Keep diesel 911 on your trucks.
- If your fuel does coagulate, this will turn it back to liquid.
- After you treat your fuel, let your bunk heater run for 10-15 minutes to get the treated fuel into your lines.
- Drain your air tanks every day.
- Watch our winter tip videos on the Prime App.
- If you have to call a tow truck because of gelled up fuel, it can cost upwards of $1,500.
Tara Homburg – Comdata
- Thank you for everything you do!
Teri Wingo – Abacus CPA’s
- October 15th deadline is coming up!
- Thank you for all you do and the sacrifices you make!
Jacob Lasc – Massage Therapy
- Enjoy a free massage today after the meeting!
Dave White & Dennis Davis – Safety
- Wear RED on Fridays to Remember Everyone Deployed.
Steve Wutke – VP of Sales & Marketing
- Here at Prime, every week is Driver Appreciation Week!
- Safety is our highest calling.
- We’re always looking to improve.
Robert Low – Owner & Founder of Prime Inc
- Thank you all for the great service you provide!
- Make some bank!
Interested in driving for Prime? Apply online at www.primeinc.com or give our recruiters a call at 866-290-1568.